[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN 2016 Nominating Committee Announces Selections - unfortunate Africa distribution

Dr Paulos B Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Wed Aug 31 08:35:01 UTC 2016

On 31 Aug 2016 at 8:32, waudo siganga wrote:

> Paulos - the nomcom only has responsibility to ensure there is at least
> one board member from the region. The rest are selected by respective
> SOs/ACs that have their one selection policies and methods.

Correct on the "responsibility" but I was expecting the ICANN NomCom to be much better
informed and act in a pragmatic manner, I expect much more from a NomCom that just
satisfying a responsibility.

> But you gave
> a point which probably can only be addressed by reforming the nomcom.

Agreed, then the NoCom should be reformed, if it does its job this way.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD