[AfrICANN-discuss] Draft Call for Presentation TechDay Helsinki ICANN56

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Tue Apr 19 09:23:17 UTC 2016

                        Call for Participation
			        TechDay
			       at ICANN 56
			       in Helsinki

The ICANN Tech Working Group is again planning a technical workshop at
the ICANN 56 meeting on 2016-06-27 in Helsinki, Finland.

The TechDay Workshop has been a part of ICANN meetings for several
years and has provided a forum for both experienced and new people to
meet, present and discuss technical topics related to registry and DNS
work and security.

For reference, the most recent session was held at the ICANN meeting
in Marrakesh, Morocco 2016-03-07.

We are specially interested in:

1.  Registration Information Accuracy panel

For this panel, we are interested in presentations relating to
registry contact data cleanup, address validation, malicious
registration data verification, batch and/or real-time validation.

We would like, in particular, to see solutions leveraging Open Source,
Open Data or Open Research in order to make them available to a wider
audience.

2.  In addition, we welcome suggestions for additional topics, such
as;

* Registry services and systems
* Big Data & associated data analysis
* IETF DNS protocol updates
* Registry security

In particular would we like to hear about DNS Traffic Monitoring.

As usual we shall invite a host presentation.

If you are interested in participating, please email one or all of

el at lisse.NA
ondrej.filip at nic.cz
jacques.latour at cira.ca
kimberly.carlson at icann.org

We hope that you can join us and request that you disseminate this
Request to other lists where it might of of interest.

Please note that as this is a B Meeting, which is shorter, the TechDay
will take place on Monday AFTERNOON in loose cooperation with the
DNSSEC Day which will take place in the MORNING.

el

PO Box 8421             \     /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/