[AfrICANN-discuss] DCA TRUST FAILED ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN US COURT INJUNCTION

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 21:35:27 UTC 2016

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos
On 13 Apr 2016 22:30, "Michele Neylon - Blacknight" <michele at blacknight.com>
wrote:

> In any case I don’t see how this ridiculous case dragging on and on and
on helps anyone

+1

> Maybe ICANN should simply give the applicants the strings they originally
applied for – this would solve the problem and there’d be no conflicts

Indeed!

Cheers!

> Regards
>
> Michele
>
> --
> Mr Michele Neylon
> Blacknight Solutions
> Hosting, Colocation & Domains
> http://www.blacknight.host/
> http://blog.blacknight.com/
> http://ceo.hosting/
> Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
> Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
> -------------------------------
> Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business
Park,Sleaty
> Road,Graiguecullen,Carlow,Ireland  Company No.: 370845
>
> From: Pierre Lotis NANKEP <lnankep at yahoo.fr>
> Date: Wednesday 13 April 2016 at 16:51
> To: "africann at afrinic.net" <africann at afrinic.net>
> Subject: Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] DCA TRUST FAILED ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN US
COURT INJUNCTION

>> FYI : US Court GRANTS DotConnectAfrica Trust a Preliminary Injunction on
.Africa gTLD

>>> Le 28 janv. 2016 à 11:31, Neil Dundas <neil at dundas.co.za> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> For those of you that are interested, there has been a recent update on
the dotAfrica gTLD matter.

>>> It seems that DCA Trust attempted to use the US courts to obtain a
Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction against ICANN in a
matter relating to the proposed .AFRICA gTLD.

>>> According to ICANN: “At the hearing, the Honourable James C. Chalfan
denied Plaintiff's Ex Parte Application for Temporary Restraining Order and
Order to Show Cause Re Preliminary Injunction for improper notice and
insufficient evidence.  The ruling was issued orally from the bench.”

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/dca-v-icann-2016-01-26-en