[AfrICANN-discuss] Applications are now open for NextGen@ICANN: ICANN 53

Bob Omondi omondibob at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 07:11:17 UTC 2015

Dear listers,

The NextGen at ICANN program has seen incredibly positive feedback and the
number of applications to the program grew exponentially over the past year.

As part of the Development and Public Responsibility Department's (DPRD)
ongoing work to support the next generation of Internet users, the NextGen@
ICANN program has been formalized as a staple DPRD initiative to engage
regionally based undergraduate and graduate students at ICANN meetings, and
introduce them to ICANN through guided programming. The NextGen at ICANN
program was initially organized at ICANN 49 in Singapore with DotAsia and
NetMission, and has been successfully replicated at both ICANN 50 in London
and ICANN 51 in Los Angeles by our Department.

We are pleased to announce that applications for the NextGen at ICANN program
at Buenos Aires ICANN 53 <http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/> are now
open. Click
here to apply to the program. <http://bit.ly/1vzvGPv>

The program will take place at ICANN 53, as well as at subsequent ICANN
Meetings. You are encouraged to apply or share with your friends and
colleagues if you think they might be interested in becoming more involved
with the ICANN community through the NextGen at ICANN program.

More information is available on the NextGen at ICANN application page
<http://bit.ly/1vzvGPv>. Feel free to contact dprd at icann.org with any
questions you may have.

More here:
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/applications-are-now-open-for-nextgen-icann