[AfrICANN-discuss] Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding Victory against ICANN in IRP Accountability

Victor Ndonnang ndonnang at nvconsulting.biz
Mon Jul 13 16:28:59 UTC 2015

+1 Mark,
This is definitely an important damage to ICANN/GAC-Advice governance model and reinforce the USA's requirement of less governments intervention in ICANN post IANA-transition.

ICANN should have left the DCA's application follow the entire review process and fail/pass without the intervention of the GAC-Advice and others. The GAC has to learn from this and improve its way of producing advice.

Thanks to DCA for reminding to ICANN's GAC and Board that every ICANN's decision should always be taken in strict respect of its bylaws/policies and not to please any entity or government.

Good luck to the .africa moving forward. And a reminder to the challengers (DCA and ZACR)...Africans want .africa to be operated by Africans for Africa. I hope both of you share the same ideal despite all...
Best regards,
Victor.

Victor Ndonnang
https://twitter.com/VictorNdonnang