[AfrICANN-discuss] Breaking News: DotConnectAfrica Trust Wins Resounding Victory against ICANN in IRP Accountability

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 16:04:32 UTC 2015

Sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 13 Jul 2015 4:20 pm, "Mark Elkins" <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> Agreed.
>
> The worse though, is the damage to ICANN's reputation, the GAC and
> potentially the IANA Transition.

SO:

+1 and this happening at a time when the ICANN accountability WG (CCWG) is
at the peak of determining what accountability model to adopt is of great
concern. Nevertheless, I hope the group would remain focused and not be
overly moved by just an occurrence.

I think ICANN board may have applied common sense forgetting that "process
is process" even if the outcome is obvious. A lesson I hope they must have
learnt from the .Africa case.

Regards