[AfrICANN-discuss] African Union Agenda 2063 aspirations: Request for input/contributions

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:10:27 UTC 2015

Hi Moctar

One of the things I did raise was the manner of soliciting such input. For
an IT vision for the entire continent - I'd hoped to see a more open
process whereby the the AUC did overtime to engage consitituents.

- We mentioned setting up a survey

- We mentioned making presentations on this at regional fora (AFRINIC
meeting that just passed in Mauritius and there's African Internet Summit
coming up in Tunis)

- Even a simple brief (not an attachment) to the lists stating what you aim
to achieve

I don't even remember seeing an acknowledgement to all of that input from
this list (beyond Alice's message saying she'd convey these suggestions).
If it isn't too late, could you consider having a more structured approach
to doing this? Some of us will love to volunteer with creating surveys and
other tasks that suit our expertises. But more importantly - the simple act
of creating this collaborative will create a strong community that will
give implementation a fighting chance.

I believe that a IT vision for this continent is too important to be
developed in such a lukewarm manner.

./shalom

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Moctar Yedaly <YedalyM at africa-union.org>
wrote:

> Contributions came from some specific individuals/ institutions- Mainly
> international /mnon-african organisations
> First draft prepared.
> Nothing in/from this forum
> Will continue fine tuning the document
> Moctar
>

> On 1/21/15, 11:31, "Mukom Akong T." <tamon at afrinic.net> wrote:
>
> >Did I anything come out of this? There were quire a few suggestions on
> >this list on how to effectively do this and I¹d have expected some kind
> >of engagement. Did that happen in another forum. In any case it will be
> >great to know the status of this.
> >
> >> On Nov 6, 2014, at 12:25 PM, Alice Munyua <alice at apc.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear Colleagues,
> >>
> >> (Apologies for cross posting)
> >>
> >> During the Africa ICT week in 2012, African Heads of State and
> >>governments
> >> of the African Union adopted Agenda 2063, which contains seven
> >>aspiration
> >> for "the Africa we want"
> >> 1) A prosperous Africa based on inclusive growth and sustainable
> >>development
> >> 2) An integrated continent, politically united and based on the ideal
> >>Pan
> >> Africanism and the vision of Africa¹s Renaissance.
> >> 3) An Africa of Good Governance, Democracy, Respect for human rights,
> >> Justice and the Rule of law
> >> 4) A Peaceful and Secure Africa
> >> 5) An Africa with a strong cultural identity, common heritage, shared
> >> values and ethics
> >> 6) An Africa where development is people-driven, unleashing the
> >>potential
> >> of women and youth
> >> 7) Africa as a strong, united and influential global player and partner
> >>
> >> The African Union Commission (AUC) is seeking stakeholder input and
> >> comments on how the "ICT Sector" would contribute to these aspirations.
> >>
> >> I) How ICT can contribute to each aspirations),
> >> ii) how to set up a regular AU and the African stakeholders a
> >>coordination
> >> mechanism to develop and monitor continental projects,
> >> iii) how to tape on our own African (financial) and human resources to
> >> implement our continental programs
> >>
> >> Stakeholder contributions will form part of the final documents for the
> >> AU Summit.
> >>
> >> Attached, the AU agenda 2063 aspirations.
> >>
> >> Please send comments to
> >> Moctar Yedaly <YedalyM at africa-union.org>
> >>

> >> Best regards
> >>
> >> Alice
> >>

> >> <AU 2063 Aspirations. Structure of the document.pdf><AU 2063
> >>Aspirations. Structure of the
> >>document.pdf>
>
> Moctar Yedaly
> Head of Division
> Infrastructure and Energy Department
> African Union Commission
>
> Tel:    +251 11 528 2417
> Mobile: +251 91 156 5701
> Fax:    (251) 11 551 78 44
> Email:  YedalyM at africa-union.org
> Web:    http://www.au.int

> [...]

Mukom Akong T.

http://about.me/perfexcellence |  twitter: @perfexcellent
“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran