[AfrICANN-discuss] Call for Presentations for the Africa Internet
Summit 2015 is Open
comm-announce at afrinic.net
Tue Feb 24 13:44:21 UTC 2015
The Call for Presentations for the Africa Internet Summit, AIS’15, is now open. We invite all individuals wishing to present during the meeting, which will be held from 24 May - 5 June 2015 in Tunis, Tunisia to submit their presentation abstract.
To enrich the discussions and share knowledge with the technical community at AIS’15, we are seeking presentations of a wide range of issues, broadly related to access and development of the Internet in Africa. We are specifically interested in presentations focusing on:
• Internet Governance
• Core Internet Infrastructure
• Access, Utility and Development
• The Internet and Economic Development
• Business Practices and Technology
• Higher Education in the Age of Technology
• Cyber Security
• Technology and Business
• Cloud Computing
• Open Data/Big Data
• Technology and Content Production
• Relations between Mobile Operators and the Internet Community
• Mobile Applications
• Peering and Interconnection
Your contribution can be in the form of a presentation during a session, a tutorial, or a live technical demonstration.
Kindly read all information carefully before submitting your proposal.
• Presentations should be 15 -30 minutes in length, with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation.
• The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 45 minutes.
• We shall send you a URL of our online submission system to upload your final presentation slides.
• The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, no later than three (3) days prior to the presentation date.
• Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts should they require them. There are usually approximately 200 delegates in each session.
• Tutorials can range from 90 minutes to half a day in length.
• Presentations with marketing and/or commercial content are not allowed.
How to submit:
Please send submissions to: aiscfp[@]afrinic.net. Your proposal should contain the following information:
• Full Name
• Email Address
• Title of Presentation
• A detailed abstract or outline describing the presentation
• Draft slides for the presentation (if ready/available)
• Length of talk (minutes)
• Short biography
Important dates to note
• Deadline for submitting an application – 24 March 2015
• Notification of acceptance of application – 31 March 2015
• Final submission of draft presentation – 30 April 2015
• Submission of final presentation - 24 May 2015
If you are interested in presenting at AIS'15, please send us an abstract of 300 words or less outlining the key ideas of your presentation, tutorial, or demonstration at: aiscfp [@] afrinic.net.
We look forward to reading your proposals.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN