[AfrICANN-discuss] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Adiel Akplogan to Join ICANN as VP of Technical Engagement

TCHOMI tchomi2002 at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 4 22:12:46 UTC 2015

This is a good new!

Dear  Adiel congratulations and wish you the very best in this new position.

Cordialement.

Michel TCHONANG
CAPDA

     News Alert
     https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-02-04-en

     Adiel Akplogan
 to Join ICANN as VP of Technical Engagement
 Role aimed at strengthening ties to the technical
 community
  Veteran Internet technology expert Adiel Akplogan is
 joining ICANN in the newly created role of Vice President
 for Technical Engagement.
 Akplogan served most recently as the Chief Executive
 Officer of AfriNIC, the Internet Numbers' Resource
 Registry for Africa, a position he has held since 2004.
 "I'm delighted to welcome Adiel to ICANN,"
 said Sally Costerton, Special Advisor to the President for
 Global Stakeholder Engagement. "He is a highly
 respected contributor to the Internet community and his
 experienced leadership will reinforce and deepen ICANN's
 long term participation in the technical community of which
 it is a critical part."
 Akplogan is among the original Internet pioneers in West
 Africa, where he has played a critical role in setting up
 and managing CAFENet, one of the first private Internet
 Service Providers in the region.
 "It's my sincere hope that I can help ICANN
 achieve the high level of operational excellence that it is
 aiming for," said Adiel. "We are all striving to
 maintain and improve a global communication and information
 system that will define our future on multiple
 levels."
 In his new position, Akplogan will help ICANN conduct
 technical engagement and outreach. He will also provide some
 valuable links to the ICT community on the African
 continent, since he was instrumental in establishing several
 technical coordination bodies such as the African Network
 Operators Group (AfNOG), the African ccTLD Managers
 Association (AfTLD), AfricaCERT and the Africa Internet
 Summit (AIS).
 Akplogan will be based in Montreal, Canada and will
 assume his new position on March 1.
 To download a high-resolution photo of Adiel Akoplogan,
 go here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/icann/16440900351/

  This message was sent to seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
 from:
  ICANN News Alert | communications at icann.org