[AfrICANN-discuss] about IPv6

Seyoum Damtew Metaferia seyoum.damtew at ethiotelecom.et
Fri Sep 19 08:57:56 UTC 2014

Dears;
we have a plan to prepare proposal on the transition to IPv6 of my company IP core Network for Ethiotelecom

any one who can give me information about IPv6 addressing related issues like

1. whom shall I contact to get IPv6 pool for test including international link?
2. which countries in Africa have experience in moving to IPv6?
3. how to move to IPv6 without affecting traffic? procedures to follow (I know dual stack, 6to4 mechanisms)
4. any workshops related with IPv6
5. why big companies like Microsoft pay more money to save Ipv4 rather than moving to Ipv6????
6. Any other related issues which may be important to consider

regards
seyoum
IMPORTANT. This e-mail message and any attachments are strictly confidential and may be protected by law. This message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. Any unauthorized view, usage or disclosure of this message is prohibited. Since e-mail messages may not be reliable, ethio telecom shall not be liable for any message if modified, changed or falsified. Additionally the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.