[AfrICANN-discuss] Seeking sponsorship to attend Afrinic21 in Mauritius late November

Arsene Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 12:56:49 UTC 2014

Mr Lisse,

Your answer to this message is with no help at all and it would have been great for you to be kind and more helpful. This can be frustrating for young spirits like mine :). In real, you are right!

Mrs Grace,

I understand your concern and you are right. I have been through the same challenges as you and trust me, i haven't gone through any Afrinic fellowship as of now.

I had a chance to meet Mr Adiel in Los Angeles early this month and talked to him about how hard it is to go through the Fellowship Program. He understood and gave me some tips.

One of the things is that you have to be well experienced and be active on mailing lists, contributing in discussions so that they know about you and your fields of interest. While applying for Fellowship, show strong evidences of your background in the areas afrinic works in. Also, they only select few people due to financial limitations.

And a friend of mine told me that these meetings are more technical and sometimes if you have no technical background, your chances are slim. I can understand maybe why i haven't gone through it after i applied three times i think. I am just an end user :)

So, keep on trying and wish you good luck. I am sorry, i would love to write a recommendation for you but this must only come from those who know you and who have worked with you.

I hope this helps,

Arsene Tungali,
Rudi International
www.rudiinternational.org