[AfrICANN-discuss] Web review November 25, 2014

Mamadou LO alfamamadou at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:42:24 UTC 2014

GLOBAL COMMISSION ON INTERNET GOVERNANCE (CIGI)

Global Commission on Internet Governance Meets in Ottawa
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141124_global_commission_on_internet_governance_meets_in_ottawa/

International group explores future of Internet governance

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-group-explores-future-of-internet-governance/article21720100/

International commission to create recommendations on internet governance
http://www.scmagazine.com/international-commission-to-create-recommendations-on-internet-governance/article/385019/

Baku to host 2nd Regional Internet Governance Forum on 2-3 December
http://abc.az/eng/news/main/85110.html

ICANN

The Internet and ICANN Accountability—Yes, It Matters
http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/21/internet-icann-accountability-yes-matters/

ICANN to listen, understand Chinese needs
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/n/2014/1120/c90882-8811964.html

NETMUNDIAL INITIATIVE

New 'Internet Security Council' struggling to get off the ground
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/25/netmundial_initiative_struggling/

Uncivil Society: The NETmund*al *n*t*at*ve's Missing I's
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141124_uncivil_society_the_netmundal_ntatves_missing_is/

MORE NEWS

Experience and Evidence Point to Strong Renewal Rates for New TLDs
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141121_experience_and_evidence_point_to_strong_renewal_rates_for_new_tlds/

A Brave New World or Do We Need to Discuss IT and Ethics?
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141124_a_brave_new_world_or_do_we_need_to_discuss_it_and_ethics/

A Survey of Internet Users from 24 Countries Finds 83% Consider Affordable Access Basic Human Right
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20141124_survey_finds_internet_considered_basic_human_right/