[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: [members-discuss] Re: [rpd] Recruitment of AfriNIC CEO

Ijang princessa.vella at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 04:44:22 UTC 2014

On 23 November 2014 at 03:11, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your pragmatism on this very important task.

++1 million. Bill proposal is the fondation of a very open and transparent
process.

> My two comments are inline:
> On 22 November 2014 at 22:35, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:
> > 2) Public call for relevant questionnaire questions to be publicly put
> to candidates.
>
> My view is that a lot of precious time is going to be lost in this
> processes.

I prefere we spent time in the process so that it give us a good result at
the end. May we can limit the time for these step to x week?

> I think the committee should be able to draft the JD as well as any
> questions which should be administered by an external agency.

Good suggestion. Maybe committee can kickstart the brainstorm on
questionaire by proposing a draft?

> > 5) AfriNIC members select the questionnaire questions they think most
> applicable, and the four that receive the most votes, plus two composed or
> chosen by the Board, constitute a candidate questionnaire, which is
> finalized and posted publicly.
>
> The role of CEO is not something that everyone in the community may be
> familiar with. Against this backdrop I suggest the Search Committee
> elicits views from the community during the ongoing meeting and puts
> together the questions instead. This way we can include community views
> without any unnecessary delays.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Douglas Onyango, PRINCE 2, ITILv3
> UG: +256 776 716 138 | NG: +234 706 202 8375

Borg le Chevalier