[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: [rpd] Recruitment of AfriNIC CEO

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:13:16 UTC 2014

All,
While internal  knowledge of the community is key, I think it may confines
our search team to only the community, which may or may not deliver the
very best candidate.
Couple this with admin & and logistical requirements needed to look for
executive candidates in a short period of time and think involving an
agency would be more efficient.

My suggestion is to engage a competent agency which can take care of the
logistics  and initial vetting of candidates, they can then forward the
cream to an internal team for a final round of interviews.

This path gives us the best of both worlds  with the shortest  turn around
time.

Regards,