[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN 52 Meeting to Relocate to Singapore| Marrakech, Morocco Meeting to Take Place in Early 2016

jnoulaye at yahoo.fr jnoulaye at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 5 07:55:47 UTC 2014

The decision has been taken by the Board, as you can read below.Regards./Janvier  NgnoulayeISOC Cameroon

News Alert
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-03-en
ICANN 52 Meeting to Relocate to Singapore | Marrakech, Morocco Meeting to Take Place in Early 2016
3 November 2014Community concerns that would prevent maximum participation at its next global meeting (ICANN 52, 8-12 February 2015), a critical one given the ongoing discussions around the IANA Stewardship Transition and ICANN Accountability, has prompted ICANN to postpone the meeting in Marrakech, Morocco and to relocate to Singapore on the same dates.The ICANN Board voted to make this decision following Board discussions and after extensive review of logistical considerations, available options and the Community's request for three meetings in 2015 as well as the need to hold a successful meeting.ICANN has been engaged in discussions with Moroccan government authorities and hosting officials and the leaders of ICANN's Supporting Organizations (SO) and Advisory Committees (AC).ICANN 52 will now be held at the Raffles City Convention Center in Singapore, the site of ICANN 41 (June 2011) and ICANN 49 (March 2014).A Meeting website with the new information will be set up shortly. Funded travelers will be contacted by travel support to book for ICANN52 following the regular process.The Board has confirmed its intent to hold the first ICANN 2016 meeting in Marrakech, Morocco taking into account the vital role of the African region to the success of ICANN's globalization efforts.