[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN 52 Meeting to Relocate to Singapore | Marrakech, Morocco Meeting to Take Place in Early 2016

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:40:25 UTC 2014

They would not have considered Nigeria or Kenya because of the
unspoken fear of Boko-Haram and Al-Shebab. Indeed Nigeria has been
bidding to host for a number of years now, and it is silently passed
each time.

I support a resolution, instead of a protest. I also support
positioning the African Community in such a way that it will be
consulted in the future, over and above being informed of such decisions.

Sunday.

On 04/11/2014 12:16, Dr Eberhard Lisse wrote:
> Why don't you work on a resolution which then can be debated on
> the AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting in February?
>
> el
>
> On 2014-11-04 12:49, Mwendwa Kivuva wrote:
>> I expect a protest from the AfriCANN community given that we have
>> missed our scheduled round of hosting the event. Through the
>> continental rotation process we are used to, it means we are
>> loosing out. The board should give us a proper reason why they
>> postponed the meeting and why they could not get an alternative
>> venue. Probably Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Ethiopia
>>
>> MK
>>
>> ______________________ Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya L:
>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/lordmwesh B: http://lord.me.ke/ T:
>> twitter.com/lordmwesh <http://twitter.com/lordmwesh>
>>
>> "There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men
>> walk on higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson
>>
>> On 4 November 2014 13:17, Dawda Jatta <dawda.jatta at utg.edu.gm
>> <mailto:dawda.jatta at utg.edu.gm>> wrote:
>>
>> Mathias, I belief Africa still has a chance to host it in 2016 as
>> indicated. I think ICANN does not want to try another African
>> country and the meeting is poor attended. Let just hope that
>> before 2016 the situation of Ebola in the continent under
>> control. Regards, Dave
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Mathias Etheyemon HOUNGBO
>> <mathias at houngbo.net <mailto:mathias at houngbo.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Le 04/11/2014 07:38, Bob Omondi a écrit :
>>> Dear Listers,
>>>
>>> Please see the below announcement concerning ICANN 52 by
>>> ICANN.
>>>
>>> https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-11-03-en
>>>

>>> Regards Bob.
>>>

>> Why not another african country ?
>>

>> "Mefies toi de la médiocrité, c'est la moisissure de l'esprit"
>>
>> -- Bénin Fedora Ambassador - Linux #213110 Made in Bénin -
>> http://mathias.houngbo.net Association IGBANet -
>> http://www.igbanet.org/ GDG Cotonou -
>> http://www.gdg-cotonou.org/ CTO & Co-Founder at STARSOFT
>> INFORMATIQUE

>> -- Best Regards, Dawda Jatta

- --
Sunday Adekunle Folayan
    blog: http://www.sundayfolayan.name.ng
   email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com
   phone: +234-816-866-7523, +234-802-291-2202
   skype: sfolayan
    fcbk: www.facebook.com/sfolayan
   tweet: sfolayan
linkedin: sfolayan