[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: [ccTLDcommunity] Report on Supporting the Domain Name Industry in Underserved Regions

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu May 15 17:48:00 SAST 2014

I feel that one comment that should be strongly made to the authors of
the report is that it is desirable to avoid the use of the word
"underserved".

To many readers a completely different meaning is apparent on a casual
or first reading.

I really did read this as "Undeserved Regions" when I first saw it.

It was only on the third time of forcing myself to read it it (knowing
what I was looking for), that I saw the extra consonant.**

A better description of the target of the planned assistance would
appear to be needed, I suggest.

Nigel

** No better example of the concept of the gestalt theory of mind could
I think of.