[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: [rpd] AFRINIC Board Elections - 2014: Call for Nominations

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 07:59:49 SAST 2014

Noah,

You are the guys we are looking for. The Nomination Committee CANNOT manufacture names unless YOU volunteer.  As Mark says, getting volunteers to do offer their time, effort and knowledge practically for free has proved to be very difficult in Africa.

And so I wish you and others would have come out and responded to the call for board members that I believe is widely circulated.  I tend to agree that AfriNIC board needs "new" blood, but "old" blood is often forced to stay on due to non or poor response to the call for volunteers.

And in any case, the community is free to vote out the old blood when the vote is called :-)

walu.