[AfrICANN-discuss] Web review March 04, 2014

Ymshana2003 ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:19:11 SAST 2014

ICT Ministers Meeting in London....to Discuss Ciber Issues.... I expect that the Meeting would have an element of eBanking and e**Finance Fraud which is a Big issue and growing.... With apologies the Finance Ministers and Security Organs should have been part of the High Level Meeting..
My apologies for the late input since the Agenda of the Meeting was not shot-g
unned to reach all concerned?:-)

That is where the Gap is between government operations and techies..?

Who advises the Honourable Ministers prior to such Meetings?  I think that the Advisory Process to Hon Ministers on Africa side should have done more equitable consultations in order to make the Meeting more Effective..especially on the Agenda..

Have a good Meeting

Yassin

Sent from samsung mobile. On O2.

Mamadou LO <alfamamadou at hotmail.com> wrote:

INTERNET GOVERNANCE

Will ICANN Be The Next International Organisation In Geneva?
http://www.ip-watch.org/2014/03/02/internet-governance-will-icann-be-the-next-international-organisation-in-geneva/

Plan to End US Control of ICANN Submitted to Brazil Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance

Global cooperation needed to resolve internet governance dilemma, says Colombian minister
http://www.bnamericas.com/news/technology/global-cooperation-needed-to-resolve-internet-governance-dilemma-says-colombian-minister

The Obama Administration Must Act Fast to Prevent the Internet's Fragmentation
http://blogs.cfr.org/patrick/2014/02/26/the-obama-administration-must-act-fast-to-prevent-the-internets-fragmentation/

US Calls On Brazil Internet Meeting To Stick To Principles
http://www.ip-watch.org/2014/02/25/us-calls-on-brazil-internet-meeting-to-stick-to-principles/

iSchool Will Make Their Proposal to End U.S. Control of ICANN in Brazil
http://www.thedomains.com/2014/03/03/ischool-will-make-their-proposal-to-end-u-s-control-of-icann-in-brazil/comment-page-1/

ICT Ministers Meet in London to Discuss the Future of Cyber-Governance
http://allafrica.com/stories/201403040368.html

India wants global panel for greater say in web rules
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/india-wants-global-panel-for-greater-say-in-web-rules/articleshow/31392418.cms

Commonwealth Secretary-General Addresses ICT Ministerial Forum
http://allafrica.com/stories/201403040364.html

The IETF needed a wake-up call on security, says chairman
http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/it-business/3504662/the-ietf-needed-a-wake-up-call-on-security-says-chairman/

IETF 89
http://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2013

ICANN / DOMAIN NAME

ICANN to registrars : We're working on legal issues with 2013 RAA
http://domainnamewire.com/2014/02/28/icann-to-registrars-were-working-on-legal-issues-with-2013-raa/

ICANN's Uniform Rapid Suspension: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140228_icanns_uniform_rapid_suspension_the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly/

Et Tu, ICANN? ICANN Board's Recent Decision on the .Islam and .Halal TLD Applications Is Wrong
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140303_icann_boards_decision_on_islam_and_halal_tld_applications_wrong/

Why ICANN is pushing for domain names in era of mobile apps
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/internet/Why-ICANN-is-pushing-for-domain-names-in-era-of-mobile-apps/articleshow/31179589.cms

UAE hotels begin to register Arabic domain names
http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/19614-uae-hotels-begin-to-register-arabic-domain-names/

Domain name disputes in Malaysia 2013
http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=a9bfb083-337f-456b-9667-07cdd4b24ef2

Which registrars have the lowest prices on new TLDs? Here's a price comparison.
 - See more at: http://domainnamewire.com/2014/02/24/which-registrars-have-the-lowest-prices-on-new-tlds-heres-a-price-comparison/

INTERNET REGULATION

EU Internet survey finds widespread blocking, fueling net neutrality issue
http://www.cio.com.au/article/539382/eu_internet_survey_finds_widespread_blocking_fueling_net_neutrality_issue/

Best Practices in the Global Internet
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140303_best_practices_in_the_global_internet/

Russia Goes for Gold in Internet Regulation
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/freedom-house/russia-goes-for-gold-in-i_b_4886558.html

Modeling cyberspace control worldwide
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2014/modeling-cyberspace-control-worldwide.html

Turkey's controversial new internet law increases state control
http://www.thelawyer.com/analysis/opinion/turkeys-controversial-new-internet-law-increases-state-control/3016906.article

7 Major Current Trends in Cloud Computing
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140303_7_major_current_trends_in_cloud_computing/

Touching Enhanced Cooperation
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140227_touching_enhanced_cooperation/

Two London IP addresses have compromised over 300,000 computers
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/india-wants-global-panel-for-greater-say-in-web-rules/articleshow/31392418.cms

AFRICAN INTERNET NEWS

Facebook buying 11,000 drones to connect Africa
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10674953/Facebook-buying-11000-drones-to-connect-Africa.html

Internet exchange infrastructure boom boosts African Internet growth
http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71240:Internet-exchange-infrastructure-boom-boosts-African-Internet-growth&catid=44

Portable router brings the internet to remote and rugged african areas
http://www.psfk.com/2014/03/portable-router-africa.html

How far will ZISPA go in protecting the privacy of a domain name owner?
http://answers.techzim.co.zw/15727/