[AfrICANN-discuss] IETF89 starts tomorrow March 2nd in London with ICANN as a host: Some interesting reading and remote participation.

Dawda Jatta dawda.jatta at utg.edu.gm
Mon Mar 3 17:03:57 SAST 2014

No Dr, am not referring that level of mentoring. The type of mentoring I
mean is an experience IEFT participant aiding newcomers and interested ones
especially students to integrate into the community through advice and
help. This will eventually speed up their integration time. :)

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

> Are you serious?
>
> Needing university level mentoring to join a mailing list?
>
> Never mind that you still don't understand how the IETF works.
>
> el
>
> --
> Sent from Dr Lisse's iPhone 5c
>
> On Mar 3, 2014, at 13:44, Dawda Jatta <dawda.jatta at utg.edu.gm> wrote:
>
> "May be African young engineers need mentorship on how to follow and
> the University and national levels."
>
> *I strongly agree with you on this point. Using African universities would
> be one of the best ways since this is where you can have enthusiast young
> Engineers in the making. *
>
> *Was going through IETF 87 - Berlin summary and it portion of it states
> "... This meeting was also the first for our new mentoring system.
> Volunteers from the IETF attendees had set up 50 mentors helping new people
> find their way in the IETF...". This is actually a good initiative and
> hoping that many young African Engineers will soon benefit from this
> mentoring.*
>
> [...]

Best Regards,
Dawda Jatta