[AfrICANN-discuss] "Vint Cerf on ICANN and NTIA"

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Jul 28 11:20:43 SAST 2014

On empowering our comrades within the continent, we should not only
focus on ICANN. We should focus on the bigger picture of Internet
Governance, to which ICANN is a small subset. A great beginning is the
ISOC's Next Generation Leaders online training which is holistic,
giving great perspectives on where we have come from, the current
landscape, and all actors in the space, ICANN included. I am sure the
NEPAD online training will be just as enriching. An ICANN fellowship
would not be enough without understanding the bigger picture of IG.

Of course the biggest winner in all this is Self Drive and Interest
from newcomers from Africa

--
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

The best athletes never started as the best athletes.
You have to think anyway, so why not think big? - Donald Trump.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky.
Tackle the biggest frog first.
I will persist until I succeed - Og Mandino.