[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: AfrICANN Digest, Vol 83, Issue 49

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Thu Jan 30 12:57:45 SAST 2014

Daniel,

you are hardly unbiased, being a Registrar.

30000 names versus 1 Million or 100 Million has obvious implications
on the pricing.  But what does the actual number of a ccTLD's names
mean?  Nothing, as long as the clients have alternatives.  It's the
service that is important, governance next, then capacity building,
human and infrastructure and then, only then, can we start looking
at inflating numbers.

In any case Marketing costs money and money you get from
Marketing (sometimes).

But in any case I wrote:

>> Of course commercialization has its benefits (especially for the
>> beneficial owners), but one asks oneself, whether not perhaps the
>> regulations or rather the regulator is the problem.

So, KENIC has failed, Regulation has failed, so they tossing it to
the highest bidder.  So to speak.

el

on 2014-01-30, 12:09 Daniel Greenberg - Lexsynergy Limited said the
following: