[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet Governance session in Next AFRINIC Meeting

Hago Dafalla dafalla at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 21:57:13 SAST 2014

Dear Seun;

   Yes I need IG Day in every AFRINIC Meeting.

   Thanks

Hago Dafalla
Sudan

On Monday, 6 January 2014, 22:42, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Hago Dafalla <dafalla at yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Colleagues;

> I suggest to establish new session in the next AFRINIC Meeting called Internet Governance session. Please  send your opinion and confirm.

I think there was an IG session during the last AFRINIC meeting [1] . So yes it should continue and be part of not just the AFRINIC meetings but the IS itself; perhaps including an IG day in the Agenda (to allow for more IG sessions)

Cheers!
1. http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-19/en/agenda/programmex#day-3-25th-nov

     Thanks

>Hago Dafalla
>Sudan
>

>On Friday, 20 December 2013, 21:36, Anne-Rachel Inné <annerachel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Dear all,
>
>The Internet Society (ISOC) is coordinating the
process leading to appointments to represent the Internet technical
community in two of the “Brazil Planning Committees” and in the “1net Steering Committee”.

>The “Brazil Planning Committees” will contribute to the preparation of a "Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance" that will be held on 23 and 24 April 2014, in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
> The two major tasks of “1net Steering Committee” will be (1) to
liaise with stakeholder communities and encourage participation and
submission of productive ideas with respect to Internet governance
issues; and (2) to steer, manage, and otherwise lead the activities of the 1net platform towards a
productive understanding and possibly consensus with respect to these
issues.
>Individuals interested in being suggested by the
NomCom set up for this purpose are invited to read more about the
process and the timeline here: http://www.internetsociety.org/sites/default/files/Call1netBR-ForPublication.pdf

>The deadline for submitting expressions of interest is 10 January 2014.
>
>Any questions or requests for additional information can be sent to: information.itcg at gmail.com.
>
>Useful links:
>1net: http://1net.org
>ISOC IG activities: http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/internet-issues/internet-governance
>
>Thank you and best regards,
>--
>Constance Bommelaer
>Senior Director, Global Policy Partnerships
>The Internet Society
>www.isoc.org

Seun Ojedeji,