[AfrICANN-discuss] From Wikileaks of 2012 to Snowden's NSA Leaks of 2013: Implications for Global Internet Governance

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Jan 3 10:17:01 SAST 2014

There IS content, it seems to me.

It's in the postscript, describing Ms Bekele-Ma's former role within ICANN.

Where it appears to say that Council Members (in this case of the GNSO) are policy advisors to ICANN ....

I don't believe that's how ICANN's multistakeholder model works.

Council and its Members are there to facilitate the SOs policy making process surely?  Rather it is the lowest level of the tree -- I.e. the stakeholders -- which make/advise on policy, from the bottom, up.

Was this an accidental manifestation of Dunning-Kruger, I wonder?

Or perhaps it is I that have the wrong end of the stick about the role of Council Members? I think we should be told.

Sent from my iPad