[AfrICANN-discuss] Complaint from Sudan to ICANN

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Wed Feb 26 17:32:19 SAST 2014

Before discussing anything, one should have the facts.

There are at several scenarios:

1) Application Failed because ICANN staff doesn't understand Google
Translation.

Most likely.

And, if someone applies for funding for an international conference
who can't follow the conference proceedings, demonstrating this by
way of his application, my sympathy is limited.

2) Application Failed because it was incomplete/incorrect.

Also quite likely.

No sympathy from my side.

3) Application succeeded, applicant was unsuccessful.

Also quite likely.

Happened to all of us.

4) Application succeeded, applicant was successful, applicant fell
under embargo.

Possible.

Unfortunate, but that's the way things go.  Law of the land and so
on, but also don't forget cause and effect.

5) Application succeeded, applicant was successful, applicant was
not embargoed, someone discriminated against him.

Nonsense.

Sanctions do not apply to the ccTLD (proper) as they are not a
"service" "provided" in the sense of the rules, which they may even
predate.

Now secondary name service is an entirely different issue.  Payment
for services even more so. Even if the NIC were to answer their email,
which, they don't.

greetings, el

on 2014-02-26, 15:44 Kivuva said the following:
> This discussion would feed very well in 1net.
>
> If there are any restrictions on Sudan from ICANN, which we are
> not privy of, probably that is why more people are clamouring for
> the "un-Americanisation" of ICANN, but ICANN prefers to use the
> term "Internationalisation".
>
> Sanctions would mean their ccTLD .sd would also not be delegated,
> which is not the case.
>
> Regards
[...]