[AfrICANN-discuss] Complaint from Sudan to ICANN

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 16:49:25 SAST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Michele Neylon - Blacknight <
michele at blacknight.com> wrote:

>  It's an American entity so it is bound by US law

Sure i know it is, what is strange is that US law rebukes organizations
with similar role as ICANN from supporting certain region. Well i was
hoping for a reference to that.

> The fact that there is or is not an internet connection is not relevant
>
> Well i believe Internet has a lot of relevance in this, after-all we won't
be talking ICANN/IANA if there ain't internet. So the point is why should i
participate in growing ICANN (through domain purchases for instance) and be
legally bound from benefiting from its initiatives....should there be any
such restriction in the first place? (if it indeed existed).

IMHO i think funding should be the major and perhaps only thing that could
make ICANN selective on which country to support.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*