[AfrICANN-discuss] Complaint from Sudan to ICANN

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Mon Feb 24 12:30:52 SAST 2014

My understanding is, that Mr Chehade speaks Arabic, he did CC him
initially, so what would prevent Hago from emailing same address in
Arabic?

el

on 2014-02-24, 12:04 Nigel Roberts said the following:
> Dear Hugo
>
> My own facility in my second and third languages is reakkt not
> that good, so it ill behooves me to criticise another's attempt to
> use a language that is not their mother tongue.  So *please( do
> not consider what I have to say in this emailas being a personal
> criticism or attack.
>

> However .  . .
>
> Being myself very interested in the barriers to entry in the ICANN
> that are presented to developing (and developed) countries through
> cost, language, and cultural differences (even as a native speaker
> of English I am more than occasionally lost in the "Americocracy"
> of ICANN) ....  result I was actually very interested to read and
> understand the complaint contained in your email.
>
> Unfortunately, other than it IS a complaint, and seems to be about
> ICANN being unable to fund working group members from certain
> countries, I really had the devil's own job understanding your
> email.
>
> To me it reads like a bad machine translation.  It gave me a
> headache.
>
> If it was you that actually wrote it, then, I apologise in advance
> for any discourtesy on my pary, but really, you should get help in
> drafting what is obviously quite an important communication.
>
> The reason I say all this is not to criticise, is that if your
> recipient (ICANN's CEO) cannot understand your representations, he
> will not be able to respond appropriately or direct the right
> people accordingly as I know he would want to.
>
> Then again, I am sure ICANN's by-now-vast resources would extend
> to having important missives translated, so I would suggest
> re-sending this in your native language.
>
> Kind regards
>

> Nigel Roberts
>
> PS: ICANN is an American company.  I think it also would have
> difficulties (legal?)  in funding representatives from North Korea
> and Cuba??
[...]
PO Box 8421             \     /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/