Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] A call to propose a theme for a Joint Meeting AFRALO / AfrICANN at ICANN 49 , Singapore Un appel à proposer un thème un réunion conjointe d'AFRALO / AfrICANN à l'ICANN 49, Singapour

Fatimata Seye Sylla fsylla at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 14:50:24 SAST 2014

Hello All,

Thank you Philip for resending this call for a theme for the SIngapore
AfrICANN - AFRALO joint meeting.

I would like to remind that Ben Fuller has already suggested a theme
supported by Mc Tim, right after your first call sent on January 9th.

Ben said "Why don't we focus on a statement that explores the ways in
which members of AFRALO/AFRICANN can support the new initiatives by
ICANN to reach out to all stakeholders.  Put the focus on what we can
do for ICANN not just ask for things from them."

Mc Tim added "with an emphasis on follow up to Addis Meeting/African Strategy".

Personally I support this theme.  Unless someone else within this
community proposes another theme, I would like to kindly invite Ben
Fuller and Mc Tim to be part of the drafting team of the statement.

Thank you all and best regards,
Fatimata

Fatimata Seye Sylla
ICT4D, Education & Genre