[AfrICANN-discuss] An interetesting perspective from Africa on the changing face of Internet Governance

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 22:03:45 SAST 2014

Many thanks Kivuva,

 "Since the internet affects
everyone, Africans citizens who are aware of internet governance
discussions, expect African stakeholders to engage in these
discussions..."

I think this says it all...`Citizens` through Governments OR Businesses OR
Special Interest Groups within the ICANN Structure?
As an African citizen I have not seen that happening up to now since this
Sector is still taken as a Technical function in Africa.....?

Cheers

Yassin

On 16 April 2014 21:41, Mwendwa Kivuva <Kivuva at transworldafrica.com> wrote:

> This is an interetesting perspective from Africa on the changing face
> of Internet Governance
>
> Spotlight on African Contributions to Internet Governance Discussions
> Part 1: NetMundial
> 1:55pm | 14 April 2014 | by Ephraim Percy Kenyanito,
>
> The internet affects every individual in this world whether directly
> or indirectly. For example, a medical professional somewhere in Goma,
> Congo might access the internet to read and post reviews to current
> medication available and this might have an impact on the kind of
> medication that he/she recommends to the patient, whether the patient
> has access to affordable internet or not. Since the internet affects
> everyone, Africans citizens who are aware of internet governance
> discussions, expect African stakeholders to engage in these
> discussions.
>
> Read more:
> https://www.accessnow.org/blog/2014/04/14/spotlight-on-african-contributions-to-internet-governance-discussions-netmu

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-South Africa, 255 Hill Street, Arcadia, Pretoria 0002, Republic of
South Africa
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+2773 079 6267 , Fax: +27 (012) 421 7500
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*