[AfrICANN-discuss] THE FUTURE OF INTERNET GOVERNANCE AFTER DUBAI: ARE WE HEADING TO A FEDERATED INTERNET?

Y Mshana2003 ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 22:14:28 SAST 2013

Many thanks for this Pierre et al

This type of debate was due for long in order to avoid the current tendency to pull Political politics into the governance of the Internet esp in Africa  where neutrality from geopolitics may is needed most.

I think that it would add value if more actors from Africa were invited to the panel. Dont we think so...?

That is my observation at this stage since we need to do things better for Africa. Also, Knowledge and understanding of Internet policy issues need to be inderstood by policy makers in order for them to know the boundaries?

Thats all for now from me on this.
Thank you again..
Yassin

From Yassin . Sent from samsung mobile. On O2.

Dandjinou Pierre <pdandjinou at gmail.com> wrote:

Fyi,

We might need to have this kind of debates in our African fora as well?

Pierre

Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI)

THE FUTURE OF INTERNET GOVERNANCE AFTER DUBAI: ARE WE HEADING TO A FEDERATED INTERNET?

Columbia University, New York

To register please visit:

http://futureofinternetgovernance.eventbrite.com

The purpose of this conference is to assemble representatives of different stakeholders in order to launch a discussion of potential scenarios of the future of internet governance:

·      Do we need to move to a different approach of Internet governance?
·      What are the geopolitical issues of Internet governance?
·      How can the multi-stakeholder approach be improved?
·      What is the future of role of the ITU?
·      Should ICANN be reformed?
·      Should governments assume a more pro-active role?

Among the speakers participating:

·      Eli Noam, Professor – Columbia Business School (confirmed)
·      Anne Carblanc, Principal Administrator in the Information Computer and Communications Policy Division - OECD (confirmed)
·      Dr. Hamadoun Tourè, Secretary General - ITU (confirmed)
·      Aparna Sridhar, Policy Counsel – Google (confirmed)
·      Christopher Yoo, Professor - University of Pennsylvania (confirmed)
·      Esther Dyson, Chairman -  EDventures Holding (confirmed)
·      William Hearmon, Head – Africa Broadband Forum (confirmed)
·      Musab Abdulla, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority-Bahrain
·      Richard Hill, President - Association for Proper Internet Governance (confirmed by webex)
·      Robert Pepper, VP Public Policy - Cisco (invited)
·      Larry Strickling, Assistant Secretary - NTIA (invited)
·      Lorenzo Pupillo, Executive Director Public and Regulatory, Telecom Italia (confirmed)
·      Jamie Hedlund, VP- Stakeholder Engagement -  ICANN (invited)
·      Bertrand de la Chapelle, International Diplomatic Academy, Paris (confirmed via webex)
·      Wolfgang Kleinwachter, University of Aarhus (confirmed via webex)

the registration is here: http://citifederatedinternet.eventbrite.com/

--
Pierre Dandjinou
Cotonou - 229 90 087784 / 66566610