[AfrICANN-discuss] THE FUTURE OF INTERNET GOVERNANCE AFTER DUBAI: ARE WE HEADING TO A FEDERATED INTERNET?

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Thu May 23 12:25:26 SAST 2013

Fyi,

We might need to have this kind of debates in our African fora as well?

Pierre

Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI)

THE FUTURE OF INTERNET GOVERNANCE AFTER DUBAI: ARE WE HEADING TO A
FEDERATED INTERNET?

Columbia University, New York

To register please visit:

http://futureofinternetgovernance.eventbrite.com

The purpose of this conference is to assemble representatives of different
stakeholders in order to launch a discussion of potential scenarios of the
future of internet governance:

·      Do we need to move to a different approach of Internet governance?
·      What are the geopolitical issues of Internet governance?
·      How can the multi-stakeholder approach be improved?
·      What is the future of role of the ITU?
·      Should ICANN be reformed?
·      Should governments assume a more pro-active role?

Among the speakers participating:

·      Eli Noam, Professor – Columbia Business School (confirmed)
·      Anne Carblanc, Principal Administrator in the Information Computer
and Communications Policy Division - OECD (confirmed)
·      Dr. Hamadoun Tourè, Secretary General - ITU (confirmed)
·      Aparna Sridhar, Policy Counsel – Google (confirmed)
·      Christopher Yoo, Professor - University of Pennsylvania (confirmed)
·      Esther Dyson, Chairman -  EDventures Holding (confirmed)
·      William Hearmon, Head – Africa Broadband Forum (confirmed)
·      Musab Abdulla, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority-Bahrain
·      Richard Hill, President - Association for Proper Internet Governance
(confirmed by webex)
·      Robert Pepper, VP Public Policy - Cisco (invited)
·      Larry Strickling, Assistant Secretary - NTIA (invited)
·      Lorenzo Pupillo, Executive Director Public and Regulatory, Telecom
Italia (confirmed)
·      Jamie Hedlund, VP- Stakeholder Engagement -  ICANN (invited)
·      Bertrand de la Chapelle, International Diplomatic Academy, Paris
(confirmed via webex)
·      Wolfgang Kleinwachter, University of Aarhus (confirmed via webex)

the registration is here: http://citifederatedinternet.eventbrite.com/

--
Pierre Dandjinou
Cotonou - 229 90 087784 / 66566610