[AfrICANN-discuss] Results of the poll : Is it relevant to know who is who on the AfrICANN list?

Pierre Lotis NANKEP lnankep at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 1 16:10:43 SAST 2013

Result of the poll on the
subject : Is it relevant to know who is who on the AfrICANN
list?

Poll questions :
	1. Is it relevant to know who is who on the AfrICANN list?
	2. Is it possible to use an anonymous email on list?
	3. Where should we base the trust on our AfrICANN list?

Starting date : December
24, 2012
End : December 31, 2012

Participation : 33 from
about 21 countries (see the list below). It is important to note that
all the sub-regions of Africa are represented.

1. Cameroon (41.202.205.250)
2. Gambia (212.60.65.174)
3. USA - New York - Holtsville (75.37.44.104)
4. Japan (115.162.51.10)
5. Malawi (41.78.59.20)
6. Comoros (197.255.232.2)
7. Kenya (197.176.11.64)
8. Mauritius (197.225.46.34)
9. United Kingdom (93.186.23.82) [(*)]
10. South Africa (41.244.138.47)
11. Togo (41.207.184.25)
12. Cameroon (41.202.201.63)
13. United Kingdom (93.186.31.85) [(*)]
14. Togo (41.207.171.105)
15. Germany (78.41.227.84)
16. Senegal (41.82.142.219)
17. Uganda (41.202.233.177)
18. Cameroon (195.24.206.125)
19. Nigeria (41.220.69.43)
20. Mauritius (197.225.59.10)
21. Switzerland (178.193.208.123)
22. Nigeria (41.71.162.180)
23. Senegal (41.219.54.71)
24. Tanzania (197.152.34.9)
25. Nigeria (41.155.6.74)
26. Nigeria (41.184.49.156)
27. Burkina Faso (41.138.120.111)
28. Burkina Faso (41.138.99.152)
29. Benin (41.85.181.247)
30. France (176.31.226.184) [(*)]
31. Germany (188.40.105.142) [(*)]
32. Kenya (197.176.139.30)
33. Tunisia (197.0.17.21)

[(*)]  : May be a vote from a
proxy (remote computer), since the IP address belong to a hosting company instead of an
ISP. In any case, the impact on the results would be minimal.

Quick view on the results :
	1. 78,79% think that is it relevant to know who is who on the AfrICANN list
	2. 70,97% are aware that is it possible to use an anonymous email on list
	3. 70,97% believe that trust on the list should be base on the content and 29,03% on the technology behind the mailing list (registration and posting processes).

Full result is available here : http://it4all.org/AfrICANN/Survey-Analyse-Is-it-relevant-to-know-who-is-who-on-the-AfrICANN-list.html

The floor is open for constructive
analysis and comments before recommendations...

Happy New Year.
Salam.

--
Pierre Lotis NANKEP