[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: .ZA and DNSSEC (was: .TZ DS records in root zone)

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sun Feb 10 10:24:55 SAST 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 13:36 -0800, SM wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> At 12:41 09-02-2013, Mark Elkins wrote:
> >side? Take a look at 'www.dnssec.co.za'.
>
> I don't see any DS record for .ZA in the Root Zone.  Are there any
> plans for .ZA to support DNSSEC in 2013?

I have no authority to answer that question.

However:
On behalf of UniForum ZA (ZACR), I have been teaching customers how to
implement DNSSEC as part of the Advanced DNS Training course in ZACR
land for the last 5+ years. Coincidently, we are running an Intro DNS
course starting Monday (11th Feb) in Johannesburg followed by an
Advanced DNS course the following week in Cape Town. This is a free
course to participants and is run twice a year - see:
(http://dnstraining.coza.net.za)

I have been running DNSSEC myself for about three years and the majority
of my own domains are signed, both forward (eg 'posix.co.za') and
reverse (124.160.in-addr.arpa). The reverse domains DS records are with
AfriNIC, most of the forwards are with the ISC's DLV system - with the
notable exception of 'dnssec.na' - which has been done correctly (thanks
to Dr Eberhard W Lisse) for the past two years. The DNSSEC (and T-SIG)
services are also available to Posix ISP customers.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - (South) Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE