[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Africa Event in Addis 5-8 March 2013

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:06:18 SAST 2013

Back to you Dr Nii et al,

May I refer to these negative statements which might have been written with
emotion or fearing something - I fail to distinguish:

*......"This new call to postpone the event is merely another disruption or
perhaps even sabotage

Does Africa want to develop?".....*

Yes our Africa want to develop - BUT not by 'bulldozing' it should be
through 'transformation of  'mindsets' since Africa is rich in many other
ways. We should use bulldozers in road construction etc not in the
development process

The call for postponement is not act of 'sabotage' as you see it - the
'request' for postponement is based on the need to be 'effective by
observing  value for money and time' of the stakeholders. They need to be
prepared by being part of Agenda setting. That is the kind of inclusiveness
that need to be seen - not to sit down and broadcast the Agenda during New
Year festivities - I m sure that is not good timing if you consider how
executives operate - this is not the only important activity to some of
them.  Therefore this is not 'sabotage' but an act of making things 'work
better'..!

Lastly, as a patriot - it is unthinkable to sabotage anything with Africa
in it!!

Kind regards

Yassin

On 3 February 2013 08:54, Nii Narku Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2013, at 21:33, Dr Yassin Mshana <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I got a feeling that the Addis meeting should be postponed to provide
> time for consultations and preparations in order for it to be effective.
> >

> One recalls an earlier call from Dr Yassin for the aswg to stop developing
> the Africa strategy. Dr sent a letter to ICANN asking for that. This was
> wisely over ruled
>
> This new call to postpone the event is merely another disruption or
> perhaps even sabotage
>
> Does Africa want to develop?
>
> Btw: when did you know that director of the company you advise, DCA, was
> using a false identity Lerato Ma to advance DCA's gTLD application? Be
> sincere to Africa's DNS business by condemning Sockpuppetry

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone
5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce
Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*