[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet Governance is our shared responsibility, say Vint cerf et all.

Victor Ndonnang ndonnang at isoc-cameroon.org
Wed Aug 14 15:02:59 SAST 2013

Thanks Pierre for sharing.

Just a short comment before reading the full paper

The Internet is indeed a shared resource, a « public gift » as Fadi Chehadé,
the ICANN CEO used to say. And talking about the Internet Governance,
Multistakeholderism and “share responsibility” are the only way. The Public
interest has to drive all policies development and decision making processes
when It comes to Internet and IG. But the question is: Which structure or
institution is the best to protect the public interest? Not a single one I
guess. There is a need of more collaboration between those institutions and
actors to better serve the public interest. What is needed at the global
level, is also needed at the regional and national levels.

Hope to read more comments about this paper on this list.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Victor Ndonnang.