[AfrICANN-discuss] Management of African ccTLDs: Panne du .td?

Adamou Nacer adamou.nacer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:41:10 SAST 2012

Hi Mark,
here is a brief description of the present situation of the .td ccTLD:
- two of the primary dns servers are hosted in N'Djamena, while some are
hosted by afnic and AfriNIC (via the anycast project)
- there was a need to changed the information in the IANA database as
the nameservers registered there was not longer those really used.
AfriNIC asked the DNS contact at Sotel to do that, but I am not sure he
did it.
- the .td ccTLD is not a specific entity on its own: Sotel (national
telco) is in charge of the technical management of the nameservers and
OTRT (telecommunication regulator) acts as the sponsor organization. No
staff, no specific organisation, no procedure, no policy framework
built, no interaction with the local Internet community, etc. Even the
importance of the DNS system is not understood by those in charge of
their management.

The whole ccTLD is to be built.

I transfered Mark's email to the only contact I have in Sotel and with
the help of some friend, I can also try to meet the managing director of
O.T.R.T and Sotel on this subject if necessary.

Regards