[AfrICANN-discuss] New Report and New Report on Public Policy Dialogue Available for Download

SM sm at resistor.net
Mon Sep 17 16:48:14 SAST 2012

At 15:55 16-09-2012, Ben Akoh wrote:
>New Report: Akoh, B. (2012). Supporting Multistakeholder Internet
>Public Policy Dialogue in a Least Developed Country: The Togo
>Experience. IISD:Canada. Available at:

The statistics points to a decline in the number of Internet
subscriptions.  There's the following comment about online
discussions: after a month of the existence of a list under
incubation such as this, we all know there is a problem that no one
dares speak out from within.  "Pirates rule the Internet and cyber
terrorism is prevalent" is mentioned under worse case scenario.  That
sounds scary.  The book does not have much information about the
landscape in Togo.

Regards,
-sm