[AfrICANN-discuss] The "ICANN Africa Strategy" Is Not the Same as the 'African Agenda'

Nii Quaynor quaynor at ghana.com
Thu Oct 25 11:56:53 SAST 2012

On Oct 25, 2012, at 8:56, bouba <djamaab at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> 2- Secondly, we don't need to travel to Toronto or anywhere out of the continent to develop our strategy.
>
> We don't need even to travel for that. Why don't we use that tool call “Internet” to describe/highlight our vision, our objectives and goals.
> After that, we can define our pillars/axis, then programmes and projets that could help us to achieve our goals.

Please, *no one* travelled to Toronto to make a strategy. I recall questionnaires were sent to you on this list using the Internet which defined the vision, objectives and goals. I also recall draft potential strategic objectives were sent to this list by the Internet for comments. I also recall the draft strategy was also sent to the list by the Internet. All the comments received and information gathered on draft Africa strategy and recommendations are also on a website by the Internet. Finally, all proceedings at ICANN on Africa strategy are on the Internet with voice transcript

The Africa strategy is an ICANN strategy so no new pillars/axis makes sense. I hope you have visited the public site at www.afrinic.net/en/community/icann-aswg/ where lots of details are presented. I read from your comments that you might not have seen the workgroup output yet and we will be glad to hear from you

Regards
Nii