Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] The Google campaign – An ITU view

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:15:29 SAST 2012

Hi Nii,

There is no issue to keep you awake..yes I came into the global scene
through nomination in Dec 2004 and that is all and have since been keen to
join in to see <.africa> becoming a reality. me being as a Beneficiary and
User - not in the business.of making money but in the policy formulation.

What has poisoned .africa is as you know very well is when individual
benefit became a priority - and for free or through negative influence and
to the large extent with lies! The poison is ego and money - that is what
all the arguments and unfair fight is for. This has gone too far away from
the fair competition in business - I believe there is evidence for this
based on the way the battle (not competition) has been going.

May I state that I do not intend Kalvin or anyone else who does not know me
well label me since I believe that what I am doinfd and standing for is
fairness without favour.

Lastly, what I have seen is a number of Conflicts of Interest in the air
and I do not accept groupings within Africa as it has shamefully happened.
My support to DCA business model is there since it does not include or use
political space that is taken advantage of such as when AUC was dragged
into Internet business activity as a way of discrediting DCA. I am sad to
say that, that is a conflict - we should have let ICANN process go ahead
unhindered.

Kind regards

Yassin
(for Africa)

On 29 November 2012 20:42, Nii Narku Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com> wrote:

> ...but what is your issue. FYI there were things happening on .africa well
> beyond 2004/5 for a fact even after folks learned about it in 2007 :)
>

> On Nov 29, 2012, at 19:07, Y Mshana2003 <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well well... At least Kalvin has labelled my opinion as a Strat Adviser
> for DCA....Is it news? that has been the case before the conception of the
> .africa business idea which has now caused untasty discussions.
> Its good one wakes up to the fact now after forgeting what was happening
> since 2004/05.
> Good stuff!
> Cheers
> Yassin
> [Its easier to be simple]
>
> From Yassin . Sent from samsung mobile. On O2.
>

> Calvin Browne <calvin at orange-tree.alt.za> wrote:
>

> On 29/11/2012 00:39, Nii Narku Quaynor wrote:
> > On Nov 28, 2012, at 21:06, Y Mshana2003 <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> After all, governments do not engage in business they regulate and
> collect Tax. Having said that, my conclusion is ITU = Governments and ICANN
> = Internet constituents. Big mistake is to mix the two as it will soon
> happen if we hide behind either to push any agenda.
> >>
> > ...I don't understand the abstract mathematics in this formula
> :(_______________________________________________
>
> Nii - decoding instructions at
>
> http://www.dotconnectafrica.org/about/global-strategic-advisory-leadership-group/
>
> regards
>
> --Calvin
>
> > AfrICANN mailing list
> > AfrICANN at afrinic.net

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone
5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce
Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*