Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] The Google campaign – An ITU view

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:39:21 SAST 2012

HI Alexander,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Ntoko, Alexander
<alexander.ntoko at itu.int>wrote:

>  Do not forget "... in its own right..."
> This is important because many civil society organizations can participate
> as part of their national delegations and countries are encouraged to
> consult with their citizens and share all documents with them.  Some do and
> others do not.  Furthermore, ITU has made public the main input document to
> the conference.

Understood, and I for one appreciate the greater openness the ITU has shown
in the last few years.

However, contrast this one nation-one vote, limited access to documents
style with the truly open, transparent bottom up process that we will use
this week in Khartoum @ AfriNIC17.

I can (and have) proposed policies that will be discussed this week, and
they may even be adopted.  I am not a government nor do I represent a large
company, just myself.  It is this kind of openness that has built the
Internet we have today.

--
Cheers,

McTim