[AfrICANN-discuss] me.ga suspended

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu Nov 8 13:47:58 SAST 2012

This would indeed appear to be arbitrary action.

ME.GA had not (as far as I know) had even launched, so how could it's
registration or use be in contravention of any law or contractual
provision (e.g.) http://www.channelisles.net/tandc.shtml#15

More fool Kim Dotcom for betting his new farm on a .GA domain name, of
course, but it sets a very bad example to the rest.

He should have been served with a notice of whatever law he is alleged
to have contravened using the .GA domain name, and given a fair hearing
before an independent and impartial tribunal, in accordance with Article
10 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Anything less is most unfortunate.