[AfrICANN-discuss] me.ga suspended

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 00:03:57 SAST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:

> "I have instructed my departments to immediately suspend the site
> www.me.ga,"

Interesting how easy it can be for government to just shut-down any
internet resources within their country.... O yeah...! perhas should be a
discussion topic at Baku!

@Prof Nii as er your query, below is the summary a gathered from the url
provided by SM

Dotcom unveiled plans last week to re-launch his file-sharing empire on
January 20.....The new site, www.me.ga, was to be hosted on Gabon's .ga
domain...the site was set up to redirect traffic to another site hosted in
France that would provide access to shared files

>From the above i don't see any "unlawful" act at the moment (if there is
law of Internet). I guess they "ga" only read history and acted based on
that! Perhaps an opportunity to be on the news ;)

Cheers!

> Regards,
> -sm

*Seun Ojedeji,