[AfrICANN-discuss] African PKI

Jean Robert Hountomey jrhountomey at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:06:22 SAST 2012

Nacer,
I heard about an AfriPKI initiative in 2003 but I cannot tell you about
the progress.
The first meeting was in Tunis in 2005 and the secretariat was ANCE
Tunisie (Tunisian National certification agency (ANCE)) in collaboration
with Economic Commission for Africa and Francophonie.
At the African ICT Ministerial round table on ICANN 42 (Oct 2011)
meeting in Dakar, we heard about the reactivation of the project. It was
also on the Agenda for the meeting organized by UNECA in Feb 2012 in
Abidjan, but I don't have additional information.
Jean Robert