[AfrICANN-discuss] Joining the dotAfrica mailing list

Rebecca Wanjiku rebecca.wanjiku at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:58:41 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues,

On 22 May 2012, ICANN will reopened the new generic Top Level Domain (gTLD)
application process following the earlier technical glitch that you will no
doubt be aware of. This was a welcome development as there was substantial
debate around whether applications were materially affected.

The dotAfrica gTLD is one of the new domains that have attracted a number
of applicants and there is on-going interest in both the actual application
process and how the continent will benefit from this new geographic name,
which will allow Africa to be uniquely-identified online.

Bearing the above in mind, we would like to invite you to join the
dotAfrica community mailing list for up-to-the-minute news about Africa`s
new gTLD bid for .Africa top level domain.

We also plan for the mailing list to go beyond discussing only dotAfrica,
so that it includes larger African Internet and ICT issues. For this
reason, we encourage you to subscribe and help make this list
representative of the African Internet community. You don’t want to miss
out on this opportunity to be in the African ICT loop!

Please join our mailing list to participate in this community-driven
approach to information. By joining our mailing list you will have access
to, amongst others, dotAfrica announcements, requests for comments or advice
from the community and you will also be among the first to receive
notifications of upcoming events.

Thanking you in advance for your support and just a quick reminder that you
can follow the dotAfrica campaign on Facebook (facebook/africandomain) and
Twitter (twitter.com/africandomain).

Kind regards

dotAfrica PR Team
www.africainonespace.org