[AfrICANN-discuss] [***SPAM***] Africa and new gTLD?

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:27:10 SAST 2012

McTim,

maybe we need less ideology like levine's "explanation", Africa and LAC are
the regions with the fewest number of applications and they are both the
two regions with the least outreach effort from ICANN, something that the
board member Mike Sielber pointed since Dakar meeting and but no change
happened.  so when you have few people aware about the new gTLD program ,
you cannot expect big number of applicants . yes the economic,legal and
technical barrier maybe explain partly the number applications but how we
could change the situation, if people become aware too little and really
too late.
not always easy to make causality relation but at least we have here
an interesting correlation

Best,

Rafik