[***SPAM***] Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] Fwd: [AfrICANN-44] Africa Strategic plan

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 21:54:16 SAST 2012

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for this communication and Minute of The Meeting. Much
appreciated.

I am pleased to see that members of GAC from Africa were present
(I recognize one).

The issue is that, although the actions taken was right, why not circulate
the Minutes widely since this <africann at afrinic.net> includes a large
proportion of Africans? I have not heard a complaint that this list
excluded anyone so far....

All in all, Why wasn't this sideline at ICANN-44 activity not communicated
widely - before, during and after the event? It is history now...

My suggestion is to engage a Reverse Gear to this whole thing and let the
CEO of ICANN know we are doing so. No harm doing that since a round of
consultations need to take place - for inclusive purposes. In that case,
ICANN-Toronto will not be the opportune time and place to deal with this.
If ICANN has budgeted for this activity - not bad eh? They can hold fire
until another ICANN meeting. That is a lesson we have learned - or is there
a rush for this which would mislead ICANN and everybody concerned?

I am sorry to have to suggest a STOP to this for the moment -  since it is
better to get things in a right from the beginning.

I have taken the liberty to copy this to Steve Crocker for his attention
please - since he ought to know about the suggestion.

Kind regards

Yassin

On 25 July 2012 11:42, Dandjinou Pierre <pdandjinou at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
> For your information,these  minutes were prepared and circulated on the
> AfrICANN 44 list by Makane Faye at the end of the meeting with ICANN Board
>
> The subsequent threads below provide further details .
>
> I am sharing them here  for further clarification and hope we Shall now
> move on and collectively deliver
>
> Regards
> Pierre

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone
5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce
Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*