[AfrICANN-discuss] TR: Upcoming webinar; invitation to join us every month

Victor NDONNANG ndonnang at isoc-cameroon.org
Mon Jan 30 21:21:59 SAST 2012

De : Stephanie Borg Psaila [mailto:stephaniep at diplomacy.edu]
Envoyé : lundi 30 janvier 2012 10:27
À : igcbp at diplomacy.edu
Objet : Upcoming webinar; invitation to join us every month

Dear friends,

I'm pleased to announce another interesting Internet governance webinar,
with Dr Jovan Kurbalija, which is taking place tomorrow, Tuesday 31st
January. We will be discussing copyright infringement, in the light of the
recent SOPA/PIPA strike, and the Megaupload case. More information can be
found further down, or by clicking here
<http://www.diplomacy.edu/calendar/copyright-infringement-sopapipa-megauploa
d> .

I'm also pleased to announce that as of this month, our IG webinars will
take place every last week of the month. Every month, the webinars will give
us the possibility of discussing current IG issues with our special guests,
and of staying up-to-date with the latest developments. We already have
several guests and topics lined up, including Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro, who
will discuss freedom of expression in February, and Vladimir Radunovic, who
will discuss cybercrime in March. If you would like to receive
announcements, notifications and follow-up emails, please join our IG
webinars group <http://groups.google.com/group/igwebinars/subscribe?note=1>
..

Looking forward to e-seeing you tomorrow... and every last week of the
month!

Stephanie

--

Stephanie Borg Psaila

DiploFoundation
www.diplomacy.edu <http://www.diplomacy.edu/>

The latest from Diplo...  Join Diplo's Internet governance community,
www.diplointernetgovernance.org

   <http://www.diplomacy.edu/img/logo.gif>
  <http://www.diplomacy.edu/img/spacer.gif>

Webinars

 <http://www.diplomacy.edu/> www.diplomacy.edu

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to attend our Internet governance webinar:

Copyright infringement: from SOPA/PIPA to Megaupload

Dubbed the largest online protest in history, the SOPA/PIPA Strike managed
to bring many websites to a halt as organisations worldwide showed their
support in the protest against the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect
Intellectual Property Act. Both bills were shelved, but the shutting down of
file-sharing website Megaupload prompted fresh debates on peer-to-peer
sharing and copyright infringement.

We invite you to join us tomorrow, Tuesday, 31st January, at 14.00 GMT, to
discuss some of the most pressing copyright infringement issues. The webinar
will be hosted by Dr Jovan Kurbalija. For more information, and to register,
click here
<http://www.diplomacy.edu/calendar/copyright-infringement-sopapipa-megauploa
d> .

Join our IG webinars every month!

As of this month, our Internet governance webinars will become a regular
appointment with you and the IG community. Every last week of the month, a
special guest will host a discussion on the most pressing issues and the
main developments in the IG world.

Our line-up of guests and topics for the next few months include Sala
Tamanikaiwaimaro on freedom of expression and Vladimir Radunovic on
cybercrime.

If you would like to receive news, announcements and follow-up e-mails
regarding our IG webinars, we invite you to subscribe to our IG webinars
group <http://groups.google.com/group/igwebinars/subscribe?note=1> .

Diplo's Webinar Team
 <http://www.diplomacy.edu/> www.diplomacy.edu

 spacer <http://www.diplomacy.edu/poolbin.asp?IDPool=781>