[AfrICANN-discuss] WCIT.In Conclusion

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Sun Dec 16 16:48:10 SAST 2012

It depends on the context.

Clearly GAC doesn't even have legal personality let alone formally be a public authority. Iinteresting what the situation might be if it was collectively to commit accidentally a tort. (Governments do this all the time so don't say it's unlikely).

But for those GAC members who represent member states of the Council of Europe ... They DO in a legal sense act as a public authority inside GAC just in the same way that the private company G4S is a public authority when it keeps people in detention in England.

Uncharted legal territory. Who has the map?

Nigel Roberts LLB

Sent from my iPad