[AfrICANN-discuss] WCIT.In Conclusion

Y Mshana2003 ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:47:32 SAST 2012

Excuse me...who sits in GAC? If Not from Governments then we are talking about different things here...

From Yassin . Sent from samsung mobile. On O2.

McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Y Mshana2003 <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Correction.. The AU/AUC are Political Authorities. Please look at
> representation at these bodies if u wont mind.

I'm confused.  Are you actually saying that the AU/AUC are "political
bodies" and
not "public authorities" so therefore no one should have approached them?

Let's not forget, DCA sought AU/AUC approval many years ago.

Please help me understand your position.

> The issue here is that...Why didnt the AUC apply to manage the .africa as it
> seems to be doing?

What the above sentence says is : "why aren't they doing what they are
actually doing",
as such I can't reply meaningfully.

> Another one: Yes the Guidelines said it all....but what is the role of GAC
> compared to that of AUC when it comes to Africa regional Internet issues?

The GAC is not a public authority concerned with a continent-wide region.

> The best job is through NEPAD..can we let the AUC concentrate on its mandate
> which is so demanding?

Is NEPAD a public authority?

--
Cheers,