[AfrICANN-discuss] ITU redundant?

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Sat Dec 15 11:46:33 SAST 2012

You are so pathetic it hurts.

Or do you now agree with that Government have nothing to do with existing ccTLDs, unless they were originally established by a Government Entity which then is a different issue (ie previous/continuing ownership, vs nationalization/expropriation).

Governments of course have a right to be concerned about Public Policy objectives such as availability, stability and good governance for example, but "running a TLD is not a governmental core function, it can be performed very well by a private (commercial) entity" (loosely translated from German statement by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Free State of Bavaria during the .BAYERN gTLD application).

Which, in the case of the .AFRICA application, as I said recently has been similarly handled by the AU/AUC and more than 60% of African governments.

el

Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini